• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

red tegu help!

fredrick

5 Year Member
I have a red tegu she is still really small she is about 5 mouths old and it doesn't look like she has grow at all. And she is sheding can that stop her from eatting?

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Well if she's shedding she must be growing. I've seen tegus eat while they shed but maybe the shedding skin is irritating her so she may be hungry when she stops shedding.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I can only speak for my tegu. The entire loose/shedding skin seems to really irritate Beauregard. At a certain point in the process he becomes visibly uncomfortable and Must lose that darn old skin! When he is in that lose it now! mode, eating is the last thing on his mind. Now after the deed is done, he is one hungry fellow, let me assure you.

As mentioned if your red is shedding, it is indeed a sign of growth.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me