• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Recommendations on my new build

Nandez989

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I am building a new tank and would like some people to point out better options if they know of them from my current design. Even if it's just a thought I'd like to take it into consideration before finishing the build.

So originally I had an idea for a hydroponics cabinet in my room. Didn't finish it, just have the frame up, water pump timer, light timer, and parts there. My tegu is hibernating right now and needs a bigger enclosure and I fief urged this is a great spot to build it. It is 32 inches wide and deep. It spans from the floor to the ceiling. It is divided into 3 30 inch tall compartments. The top "floor" would be for basking, the middle floor would be for eating, drinking, and possibly a soak tub with a water pump circulating filtered water. Also a cooler temp. The bottom floor would be the hide. I was thinking a large plastic tub full of sphagnum moss.

I want to keep fresh air and am going to implement a ventilation system and am planning on having the intake on the bottom, that feeds the middle, that feeds the top floor and exits through the top. This would be small volume to not cool it too much.

Not sure wether to use melamine or plywood for the floors though. Using drylok to seal the Mdf walls and possibly the floors too, if the rough surface won't irritate his belly. Anyone have problems with this? Going to use perforated plastic drain pipes as tunnels to go to different floors.

Still looking for what lighting to use. Probably led and a 30 inch tube fluorescent uvb.

Any recommendations?
Thanks for reading.

beantickler

I don't really know how or what to say without offending so I'll say this... I think it is a bad idea for a Tegu. Get yourself a smaller monitor species for a design like that. That could never work for an adult Tegu or one larger than 30" for that matter... BTW... lol... Welcome to the club and lets see some pictures of your Tegu already!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980