• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Recent complaints

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Ripkabird did not insult the posters parents or his sexuality or personal beliefs and bfb345's insults were directly tossed at his parents for their sexuality. I sure read it. I don't know about anyone else. He cussed, kicked, and threw a tantrum because things didn't go his way. We disagreed with his care and cramped and inhumane conditions he keeps his tegu in. I am sending you and Josh a list.

Tannaros

TegusRawsome80 said:
Ripkabird did not insult the posters parents or his sexuality or personal beliefs and bfb345's insults were directly tossed at his parents for their sexuality. I sure read it. I don't know about anyone else. He cussed, kicked, and threw a tantrum because things didn't go his way. We disagreed with his care and cramped and inhumane conditions he keeps his tegu in. I am sending you and Josh a list.

I believe I read that thread as well. I could be recalling incorrectly, but from what I remember that thread got out of hand quickly. Ripka was not directly insulted by anyone, but after reading bfb's derogatory remarks toward homosexuals took great offense and began flaming him - to which the discussion just became a flame war on both parties behalfs.

I think this thread has probably served its purpose for the most part. I can only see this devolving into he said she said followed by the members discussed getting involved.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anyone who was permanently banned from this site either had chronic issues breaking the community guidelines and/or threatened others in real life. Don't assume you know the whole story because you read what was posted by some angry person before I asked them to leave our community.
I'd be an idiot to arbitrarily ban contributing members just because I felt like it or had a bad day.
We do need more moderators. Laura does the best job she can, and I thank her. If anyone has nominations for additional mods, please let me know.
As a form of secondary moderation, ANY and ALL of you can email me at [email protected] to let me know what is on your mind. I can't read every post and neither can our mods. YOU have a direct line to my inbox.
This may be a good opportunity to decide on more specific rules for our guidelines. I think including things like the following might make modding TeguTalk a lot easier:
1. No hate messages. Including racist, homophobic, sexist, and other prejudice remarks.
2. No overtly controversial topics that are unrelated to tegus. (i.e. abortion, religion, politics, etc)
3. No de-railing on-topic Tegu threads. If someone has a tegu related question you will not "steal" the thread by taking it off-topic for a joke or any other reason.
4. Do not publicly question a moderator's action. If you have issues with a mod, please email me and/or the mod. DO NOT challenge them publicly.

As always, I'm open to other suggestions and feedback. I will not, however, tolerate bashing of others OR conjecture about what someone else did to have us ban them. We treat EVERYONE fairly. Some just have issues following the rules.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
BFB345 is exactly what you described as a member who should be banned. He is a repeat offender. He has been warned. He has not stopped and his behavior and posts are offensive. Yet he shockingly has not been banned. I would like to nominate TeguBuzz as a moderator. I think he adds tons of knowledge and a firmer view on moderation to the board. He is very composed and definitely would be a good addition.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tannaros, I agree with you on all points. Being completely objective, that is the way I remember the argument between Ripka and bfb as well. There were multiple posts fired quickly toward bfb and he reacted. Then you have a chain of reactions. TegusAreAwesome, that is why I said it was a different circumstance. People react when backed into a corner and I don't condemn someone for that.

bfb345

Yes laural that is exactly how it went on all of the accounts since i have joined this forum i post one wrong thing and im attacked so i retalliate and i know i have said some derogitory things about rip and im sorry i wish i could take it back but i cant so thats that and teguR i dont even know what i ever did to to piss you off but you just jump at the opportunity to yell at me for what ever reason im not sure why we cant just drop this topic and end this crap somepeople are a little different and we have different views about stuff i have nothing against your parents or you rip but you attacked me so i let it rip i have a friend with lesbian parents and i have no problem with them and i have made no remarks on any of this whether it be politics gays or anything of the topic since i was warned

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This thread will no longer be used to argue about specific incidents or people. I have already had a few people PM me with their ideas for who would be a good addition to the mod team.
No more bickering.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
The moderators here are more than fair. I myself have been scolded and I deserved it. Laura does a great job. Everyone's idea of what's inappropriate may be different, but someone has to enforce rules to the best of their judgement. I know I need a whipping sometimes.

With all due respect to everyone in this thread, you have to keep in mind you are on the internet. Offensive things are going to be said. Everyone has different views of what is offensive. I guarantee that many harsh things were said on the actual youtube account of that person. It's going to happen somewhere regardless. Anytime I have seen topics of things like sexual orientation, Laura has stepped in. Try to have a little bit thicker skin, and appropriately defend yourself when needed.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some people just have difficulties reading I guess.

Josh said:
This thread will no longer be used to argue about specific incidents or people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029