• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ready for his debut,...

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A couple of weeks ago I saw this little guy on KS at one of our local shops, I was low on feeders and decided to go and check him out. Once there I didn't want or have to hold him I just knew,.. everything felt right. He had 2 other siblings with him but my eyes kept going back to him.

So I decided to go with the first tegu that started it all for me over 6yrs ago. As a homage to the past, present, new beginnings and the ones that passed on last summer (http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=1021) his name is also from the movie "The Fifth Element".

With out further ado I give you,... Little (for now) "Korben Dallas".

IMGP2326.jpg

IMGP2328.jpg

IMGP2335.jpg

It was quite humid in there,.. my lens was fogging up.

IMGP2338.jpg

IMGP2339.jpg

IMGP2343.jpg

IMGP2346.jpg

IMGP2352.jpg

Most recent pics,.. you can see how much he has grown with in almost 10 days.

IMGP2484.jpg

IMGP2486.jpg

He's not sexed but I'm getting boy vibes here once again. If it turns out he's not a boy he already has another name.

IMGP2498.jpg

IMGP2500.jpg

IMGP2504.jpg

IMGP2505.jpg

IMGP2521.jpg

IMGP2517.jpg

IMGP2509.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats, he looks awesome. How do you like the coco for substrate?

Where did you pick him up from?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks,.. I always use Coco fiber,.. whether I feed inside the enclosure or not. It's easy to clean up and I don't have to worry about impactions,.. from substrate any way.

I picked him up here locally at Exotic Pets,.. here's the add.
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=115&de=841311[/i]

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Great looking tegu,the 6 and 7th pic down are my favs. He looks like a golden tiger lol. Is he really that bright though? Can't wait to see him as an adult. Thanks for sharing, Good luck with him.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Way to take the plung again, sometimes its best to just go for it. Good luck with the new addition!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awe he is adorable....love his pattern...congrats! Btw is that a ground up mouse he is eating It just caught my eye

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Congrats, he looks awesome. How do you like the coco for substrate?

Where did you pick him up from?

Thank you,.. I always use coco fiber whether I feed inside the enclosure or not especially for something his size. Call me paranoid but substrate impaction is one less thing I have to worry about.

I got him from a local shop here called Exotic Pets,.. it's actually the same place I got my tegu Dino from. They have an add posted on KS that has his pic on it.

strangeevil said:
Great looking tegu,the 6 and 7th pic down are my favs. He looks like a golden tiger lol. Is he really that bright though? Can't wait to see him as an adult. Thanks for sharing, Good luck with him.

Thank you,... that is his color,.. there's only a couple of pics where I used the flash. But it makes him look whiter than he really is so I pretty much used what came from his basking light.

The top of his head reminds me of a Cheetah :D.

chelvis said:
Way to take the plung again, sometimes its best to just go for it. Good luck with the new addition!

Thank you,.. and I tried but I couldn't do it,.. I wasn't ready and it didn't feel right, but this time it did.

reptastic said:
Awe he is adorable....love his pattern...congrats! Btw is that a ground up mouse he is eating It just caught my eye

Thank you,.. it's a rat pup that one of my BPs didn't take so I cut it up and gave it to him with a little honey. That piece that he's working on in the pic is half of it's head.

thomasjg23 said:
Nice name! love that movie.

Thank you as well and so do I,.. I can't help but to watch some of it if not all of it when it comes on.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
grats on the new addition.can u handle him at all yet?

Being that I've only started hands on the pass 4 days he hasn't been that bad. We had a hands and gloves on biting session on the second day. But even then I didn't put him down until he stopped biting and opening his mouth all together. He definitely has the Colombian attitude to hold on and apply pressure every so often. No hands on today but there will be tomorrow.

But he doesn't run away when people approach and or walk by the enclosure any more.

Thanks KStar.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
Thanks,.. I always use Coco fiber,.. whether I feed inside the enclosure or not. It's easy to clean up and I don't have to worry about impactions,.. from substrate any way.

I don't know that that's exactly the case...I used to think so, too. But after having two different tegus on coco fiber get impactions, I'm not to sure that it can't cause impaction. I agree that the risk is lowered, but I'm starting to think that it is POSSIBLE, at least, for a tegu to be impacted from coco-fiber.

The reason I think it was the coco-fiber is that I had fed a pretty steady diet of ground turkey w/ cod liver (no rodents--which I kind of expect to cause impactions at times) and they still got impacted. If I hadn't caught them actually eating the substrate at times, I may not have this opinion.

It's still my go-to substrate, though.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
ahh progress.=] well hopefully it doesent do the death rolls on u like mine did.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
haha yeah.im hoping that rumor that when they hit a certain age there personality does a 180 is untrue. mine did it but i wont give up on the entire species.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hanniebann said:
adorable! congratulations on the new addition! looks like he's eating tons!

Thanks,.. :) he hasn't refused food yet.

frost said:
haha yeah.im hoping that rumor that when they hit a certain age there personality does a 180 is untrue. mine did it but i wont give up on the entire species.

Every species has it's bad apples,.. if that wasn't the case. I would have given up on ours decades ago.

Draco D Tegu said:
He looks mischevious!

He has already made a run for it and made it to the other side of the living room. :D It was one of the cutest things ever,.. he was on his hind legs the whole way like a Frilled Dragon. Now I see it in his eyes when I have one of the doors open. He climbs up onto the bamboo root, lays down and looks at me,... then the ground,.. back at me,.. then the ground. There was no other movement to distract him since I was the only one there and the dogs were outside. So,.. I know he's plotting Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029