• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Questions on a breeder and tail dropping.

Lizardon

So I just got a red tegu male yesterday. Breeder says its a yearling.

He originally mentioned through text that it has a imperfect tail from "incubation issue".

I disregarded that because people had recommended this breeder. He has been kind and helpful.

However the animal came in t-shirt with the holes ziptied. Which I am okay with, strange but okay.

The package had no heat pack or anything but I assume that's because of how big this feller is.

However upon further inquiry as to why part of the tail is white off colored he states it's a "regen tail"... so not sure which one it is or if it really is both?

Currently sent a message inquiring about how he came to lose the tail.

My question to this forum.

Do I need to be concerned about anything? Such as damaged vertebrae and stuff?

The breeder has been recommended in a few places but I won't name drop just yet as I want clear answers from them.

I mean I will love my little guy no matter what but I am a bit concerned.

P.s. he mentioned bathing him in a warm bath. Which I did, at like shoulder length. Also said to feed him right after. Which I attempted to with chicken gizzards to no triumph....

He is quite inquisitive and rather active. Not like frantic or anything but seems well in that regard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu