• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

questions about my columbian b&w

Crocididdle

What do I feed him? He seems to be a yearling about 13" long and EXTREMELY TAME. I do not know what to feed him though and how much. Any ANSWERS would help. Please no redirections to different threads. Thanks!

KritterKeeper

Ok honestly u should have done research and known what you were going to feed him before u got him. There are multiple lists on this site and there's no reason we should have to relist everything just because u don't feel like doing alittle looking around..

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!

There are a lot of confusing food lists for Colombians. I offer them the same food as I do for my bigger tegus. Mine eat rodents, fish, ground meats supplemented well with calcium and not fed too often, eggs in moderation, and all sorts of fruit. At the yearling stage I let mine eat until they are full and feed daily. When they reach adult size, I back off and feed every other day or so. I adjust if they seem to gain or lose weight. I've noticed a lot of people posting that vets told them their Colombians were getting obese. So I do try to keep mine lean.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
What is considered obese for a Colombian? Kodo weighs between 3 and 4 pounds and there is space between feedings.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
13" for a yearling isn't anything to worry about, per se. Different tegus grow at different rates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hweikel