• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

question for bobby or anyone else who would know

Anthony

5 Year Member
do u have a estimate on the size of your regular black and white tegu as far as male and female differences? do u think if feed properly the females can still get quite large? i still cant decide which one i want... i like the look of the female better but i like that the male gets bigger... does one have any other differences i would not think of? right now im leaning toward female but i keep changing my mind i guess it really isnt gona be that much of a difference im excited :mrgreen:

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Well the male getting larger than female isnt always true at all, all tegus are different and there can be factors determining size and the growth rate...I say this because my female is 4ft 3 inches and she weighs around 20 lbs...so thats a pretty good size tegu.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As pointed out, every specimen will vary... But as a general guide...

Males get larger...

Males are tamer...

Males get Jowles...

Yet this is not to criticize female... I have a female and we get along great...

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Girls get just as tame, as long as you are not breeding. Females do tend to be smaller, but it is not always the rule, but most are and do not have the bulk of the male.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980