• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

question for anyone with a indoor enclosure

Anthony

5 Year Member
i just bought a 4long by 1 1/2 wide tank for my baby tegu... as per bobbys advice im buying the powersun 100 wat uvb and heat bulb .... im going to also buy a dome for it but was wondering how anyone would advice setting it up above my tank... would u buy a reptile stand or just rig something???? whats best way and whats the cheapest vs more expensive ways? thanks

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
This is how I did one of my tegu cages...my 4x2x2 to be exact:
P1000362.jpg

In this picture you can see the reptiglo 5.0 tube light in the back (18") and the 100w powersun hanging down from the top of the cage. What I did was I went to home depot and bought a porcelain fixture for a few bucks and a light wiring kit for a few bucks...wired up the light (it comes with a chord and 2 stripped wires that you just hook up) and then screwed the fixture to the roof, screwed it in and its done. Very simple. Also depending on how tall your tank is you wont need a dome as shown in my picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu