• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question about flooring

HandsomeJack

5 Year Member
I haven't put in a floor yet to my tegu cage, and I was curious if I should spend the money to lino it or if I can get away with just sealing the wood (and painting it if I so choose). All the seams are sealed with caulk already, so it seems easy enough to just seal it and go. It would for sure save some money!

Here's a pic.
Picture414.jpg

Thanks!

Tux

5 Year Member
I prefer to avoid vinyl due to it's VOC producing qualities, use linoleum or seal the wood with a water based poly.

Tux

5 Year Member
Even at room temp vinyl produces VOC's, the warmer it gets the more that's produced, I'm not saying rip it out but on a new build your better off to use the best option from a health prospective.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Just use KILLZ primor(a few coats) then a good high gloss outdoor paint. The reason I say high gloss is my buddy is a custom home builder, and he say's that high gloss paint will help seal it even more!!!

Tux

5 Year Member
Gloss won't help seal it but it will make the paint more durable, with that being said only outdoor trim is painted in high gloss, the rest is usually a semi, satin or even lower gloss. i prefer using water based poly and not worrying about paints on a floor.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
KILZ2 and your good to go...no need for anything more. Depending on the type of wood one coat of KILZ and one coat of paint after the KILZ does just fine...thats how mine is set up anyways and I have no problems what so ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan