• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question about electrical

HandsomeJack

5 Year Member
I was curious how others have done there electrical.. I have just built a tegu cage (6x4x4) and do most people just drill out holes large enough to fit a plug and use basking lamps or try to wire from scratch? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Here is what I did for my retics. You can use the same fixtures for the MV bulbs also, just without the caging.

I used a hole saw to cut out a hole in the ceiling of the cage. I took a porcelain keyless fixture that I got from the hardware store for like $2. (don't use the plastic ones, they aren't nearly as durable). I mounted it with some screws and ran some romex to it.
lightfixture.jpg

wiringfixture.jpg

The other end of the romex was terminated to a switch which got it's power from a junction box with receptacles in it. Super easy.

cagewiring-1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan