• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

quality time with Ollie

Jason

5 Year Member
After feeding time I take ollie out of his/her feeding bin and we share some quality time. The last couple days Ollie has been burrowing half way under a fold in my shirt and sitting there enjoying getting pet, then falling asleep. It's so damn cute :grno We sat together for a couple hours watching TV. I've really lucked out with this little gu, I've never had a taming issue since i've gotten him, he's only gotten more and more attatched to me, don't have to chase him around the tank to get him out, he just climbs right into my hand. So now that i've bragged about it he's gonna chomp down on my hand tommorrow or something.
-Jason

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Awww. This is so nice to hear. I just want to warn you about one thing. Do not let him sleep in your bed or you will have a hard time getting him out of it. I started to do the same thing ( watching TV ) with my b/w Tegu Leonidas when I first got him in 07. Then I started to take naps with him in my bed and now when I leave the door open he walks into my bedroom and crawls into bed lol.

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
Your lucky, lol. My little gu isn't that great. He isn't hateful or anything, doesn't bite or scrath. But sometimes he won't let me grab him and yet other times I can reach right in and pick him up. He's just so strange, lol. Well good luck on the attatchment process, seems like its going great :)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
glad to hear its going well, i too well know the joy of having a gu' thats tame from the beginning! but too txrepgirl i all ways thought that when tegus get bigger the dont climb, and nero really threw that myth out the window lol, she too likes to climb in my bed and snuggle under covers!

Jason

5 Year Member
I don't think i would mind ollie sleeping in my bed....It might scare anyone i bring home though. it could be pretty darn funny

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029