• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Problems about my baby tegu

Problems with my baby tegu ( brumating ? hibernating ? )

• Brumating / Hibernating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internal parasites

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BobbyLau

Here's the thing . I live in Hong Kong , the temperature is about 20°C at day time but 13°C at night . It's pretty cold . My chacoan baby tegu is not eating for about a month , and it started to hide a lot more than before . It won't eat anything no matter what i feed it (insects , meat / pinkies or even fruit) . Even i take away the hide , it burrows down the bedding and sleep , it doesn't come out no matter when . So i am wondering is it brumating / hibernating ? But my tegu is just a baby and its about 23 cm long .
Or my baby tegu is really sick ( internal parasites ) ? I found some information about it on the internet . It said that it will experience a loss of appetite and eventually weight loss. Their stools may be loose and they could behave lethargically, even when not hibernating.

I am really worried about my tegu . :( so bad

P.S it eats a lot before the weather is getting cooler
my terrarium is 80 cm L x 48 cm W x 48 cm H
Have a basking spot with 50 w basking light
Have a 100 w infrared heat light

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2016-12-16 at 12.21.54 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-12-16 at 12.21.54 AM.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's the thing . I live in Hong Kong , the temperature is about 20°C at day time but 13°C at night . It's pretty cold . My chacoan baby tegu is not eating for about a month , and it started to hide a lot more than before . It won't eat anything no matter what i feed it (insects , meat / pinkies or even fruit) . Even i take away the hide , it burrows down the bedding and sleep , it doesn't come out no matter when . So i am wondering is it brumating / hibernating ? But my tegu is just a baby and its about 23 cm long .
Or my baby tegu is really sick ( internal parasites ) ? I found some information about it on the internet . It said that it will experience a loss of appetite and eventually weight loss. Their stools may be loose and they could behave lethargically, even when not hibernating.

I am really worried about my tegu . :( so bad

P.S it eats a lot before the weather is getting cooler
my terrarium is 80 cm L x 48 cm W x 48 cm H
Have a basking spot with 50 w basking light
Have a 100 w infrared heat light
Sounds to me as though it is slowing down for the winter, which is typical. He should be able to bask at temps to reach 110-115 F. The air should be warm and at the other end he should have a hide that is in the mid-upper 70s to cool off some. Always water to drink.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus