• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Powersun choice

Jer723

5 Year Member
id say the 160, because you need to light such a large spot you may even want to buy 2 of them are you using it for your bask?

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
This will depend on the distance between the bulb and the basking surface. If you have 1 foot of substrate and the bulb is mounted inside the enclosure your bulb will be less than 18 inches from the basking surface. In my experience with PowerSuns this will produce too much heat in a solid walled enclosure. If the bulb is mounted outside a 160 watt should be fine.

I live by the motto that you can always add more heat but it's too late once you overheat or burn an animal. If a 100 watt doesn't produce enough heat you can always add more with a regular household bulb or a CHE. You will still have a great source of UVB.

ierowe

5 Year Member
The light will be right at the top and I ordered 2 160W bulbs. I can use a reg light bulb if more heat is needed. Thanks for the info guys. I got the call from Bobby about my tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214