• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

posible turtle sugestions.

G

i am thinking of getting a turtle for my fiance.but im not real familiar with them,my fiance wants one that doesn't live in water.i think she said something about a box turtle.i think a tortoise would be good too.any ideas on turtle would be appreciated.id like to keep the prices under 100 tho.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Eastern Box Turtles are readily available, have very reasonable needs and fairly inexpensive...

Just be sure to do your homework to ensure you do supply all it's needs.

G

I agree with Toby .. Box turtles are a great choice .. They are big enough to be very interesting . Tho of a manageable size .. There are two different kinds that I am familiar with There is a dull one [kinda green ] and a fancy tiger striped one .. both would be a great choice ... AB^ a member here has them from time to time AB^ can be found at the web site Lacerta USA and he has a thread on the box turtles ... Long ago when i was a child in Iowa we had both subspecies wild .. When we found one we would take them home and keep them for a few days . They are fascinating...

G

thanks ill look into em.there is one at the pet shop around here but its expensive,$90 i think.and there animals are usually sickly.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
thanks ill look into em.there is one at the pet shop around here but its expensive,$90 i think.and there animals are usually sickly.

Then don't buy it...

A shop that sells sickly animals likely buys healthy animals and poorly cares for them, or buys from breeders/importers that otherwise turn healthy animals into sickly ones.

Shop around and find a caring hobbyist who breeds what you are looking for and is willing to sell you one at a reasonable price. There are a number of websites that allow sellers and buyers to post ads to locate one another.

G

Russian tortoises are a good beginner tortoise. They stay relatively small and eat only greens. A russian might be a good alternative to a box turtle...

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Hey Josh-

I'm curious about your Adminstrator / Owner status here on Tegutalk. Are you partners with Bobby or something?

Either way, welcome.

G

Hello and thanks for the welcome. Bobby and I planned on making an announcement later today but yes I will be transitioning in as owner and taking care of all the technical aspects and such allowing Bobby to focus on the important stuff - Tegu care.

G

I guess the cat is out of the bag so THANK YOU for taking on the website !!! I for one will be very interested in your input ... Welcome to your own website !!!!

G

I looked into them too ... They are the right size It kind of comes down to what you can find for what price ... I guess it is best if you have a climate where you can keep them outside a good part of the year ...

G

hmm ill be moving to Florida sometime in the future.i think after me and sam(my fiance) are done with collage. its the right temp for a lit of reptiles and i can have a zoo im my backyard end see it every morning...ahhh like heaven.=]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980