• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pics of my dogs

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are some pics of my dogs. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0033.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 6
  • DSCN0135.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 4
  • DSCN0138.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 3
  • DSCN0139.JPG
  • DSCN0130.JPG

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
They are beautiful and look really healthy and happy! Check out my little girl Bobby!

Attachments

• goldie.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 5
G

Nice pits !!! I ran some pits with my hounds . loved the dogs but they would jump right in on the bear and latch on while a hound would jump in but the dart out right away .. When used on lion they would fight with the hounds at the tree ... They sure had the go and the brains tho .. I love that breed .. I later tried Jag terriers [too smart ] and now I raise Rat Terriers .. I am down to 14 dogs now not counting puppies I used to keep up to twenty ..

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My red one is a stafford, and the blue one is a blue nose pit. Both are great dogs and are great protection here, I don't think they have any fear at all, and would as you say"latch on" lol.

The Staffords are one of the base breeds for the pits. They are in the top 10 in the world for guard dogs: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.indiakennels.com/alpha-dog/guarddogs.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.indiakennels.com/alpha-dog/guarddogs.php</a><!-- m -->

10. American Staffordshire Terrier

The American Staffordshire Terrier is many times mistaken for the American Pit Bull Terrier. Similar in size and appearance, it matures to between 57 lbs. and 66 lbs., with a short coat and stocky body.

Originally bred for bear and bull fighting, the American Staffordshire Terrier is not a natural guard dog. He is, however, quick to recognize dangerous encounters and will courageously defend his owner. It would be a very bad idea for someone to threaten physical harm to a Staffordshire Terrier's family.

The American Staffordshire Terrier is devoted to his family, fearless in his defense of it, and adaptable to change. He has a friendly nature and is highly stable around children and other animals. Despite his ominous appearance and willingness to defend, the American Staffordshire Terrier is a very sweet, loving animal.

Care should be taken when training the Staffordshire Terrier. He is highly intelligent, but can learn bad habits just as quickly as he can learn good ones. For that reason, attention to detail and consistent training is important.

G

The male looks a lot smaller than the ones I had .. When mine wern`t in the house they were each chained to a big block ford motor Some times you would find them an incredible distance from their house .. I would have to use the truck to pull the motor back in place ..

slideaboot

5 Year Member
How are they around all the tegus, Bobby?

I'm assuming they're cool with them...But, how'd you do it? I've got a year old half-pit / half-lab and she goes nutso when my tegus are moving around in their cages. I'd love them to be cool with each other (it'd make free-roaming a helluva lot easier on me, personally).

Any suggestions? I'd thought about trying to get the dog used to the smaller extreme (the Sarge/Cream female I got from you this past December) first, and then moving on to my bigger extreme (little over 3 feet and a few pounds).

Whadya think?

Thanks, Bobby.

Marc

G

cute dogs. i love amstaffs.

i've seen videos of it being done successfully but i don't trust my dogs prey drives. i had a hamster that would hang out with my dogs (in a little ball) one of my dogs would lay next to her and nose her out of places if she got stuck. but my other dog would try to attack the ball. they're great dogs but it would only take a second of instinct or excitement for there to be an accident. i hold my other animals around my dogs, i just don't let them roam freely together.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very nice,.. I didn't peg you as a bully type of guy Bobby. I know some people hunt with them but not many and they're usually mixed breeds. I'm not much into ASTs, when it comes to Staffs I'm more of SBT kinda girl.

But I'm loving that Blue girl and their collars, where did you get them from?

Slideaboot,..

It depends on the breed, how well you know your dog and its training. In most cases people just keep them separated. Things can and do happen. I'm not one of them but I know my boys. The one I would have to work on when I get another tegu is my Papillon Panini because she's not use to them. She stayed away from Dino but that's because he was bigger than her. Anything smaller and she needs more work. But so far she's doing okay with the BPs.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My dogs could care less about the tegus, but they have been obedience trained, as well as advanced training with my male. As for the collars, I bought the blanks and designed them myself, I added the D rings, studs and conchos.

Attachments

• DSCN0148.JPG
G

Nice collars ... strong !! I had a spiked collar for a dog one time The only thing he ever spiked with it was me !!

dicy

5 Year Member
the red one looks sweet looks a bit like my girl i have to say i got 3 amstaffs now and 1 staffbull and il pick a amstaff over staffbull anny day :mrgreen:

G

ahh so thats what you were talking about bobby.great looking dogs.the colors look sweet also. my godmother could prolly make some stuff like that too.shes good with leather.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are a couple of pics of my dogs on guard duty, lol...... :roll: :lol:

Attachments

• DSCN0151zzz.jpg
  • DSCN0154zzz.jpg

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I missed when you picked up the blue nose, they're both looking great and very content.

armison89

this is my puppy. he was born 7/5/2010. hes around 60 lbs. his mom is an amstaff and his dad is a rott/black lab mix.
008.jpg

010.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980