• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Personality?

JakRyne

When I bought my Columbian from a nearby pet store, she was about 6 months old (from what they said anyway). I had never owned a Columbian before, but was well aware of the conventional wisdom regarding their hostility relative to Argentines. The employee warned me that she was agressive, bites workers often and couldn't be handled and so on, and he then proceeded to violently dig her out of the substrate and squeeze her with both hands into submission.
My point is that much of their eventual temperment is dependent not just upon interaction with them, but HOW you interact with them. I've had her about 6 months now, and she is as tame as I could imagine. Responds to my voice, has never once even suggested biting, and claws at the glass when I get home and she wants to be let out and held. She gets along just fine around my other reptiles, enitrely uninterested, and also has this strange companionship with the cat of all things. Since I live in San Diego, I let her out often on my balcony and her and the cat sleep together out there. She's also just fine when anyone else unfamiliar handles her.
The only problem I have ever really had, aside from a little huffing and skittishness at the beginning, is that she VERY determined when she wants something. The enclosure I originally had her in had a mesh top, and when she finally got big and strong enough, she broke right through it and rolled up under the couch.

adam1120

yea but if you see a PURE gold colmbian tegu and BLACK AND WHITE

if you look at gold colmbian tegus there different that black and white tegus I THINK. ive had both and the gold never calm down the black and white got very tame and very easy to handle with everyday handling and feed out of the cage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont