• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Patience with the feeding bin?

Progrmor

So I have tried for over a month now to get my red tegu to feed from her feeding bin instead of just in her enclosure. My routine have been: Get home from work, wake her up, let her bask for a good 30 min, slowly take her out and put her in a smaller bin with the food already there. I´ve tried crickets, roaches, superworms, egg, turkey, chicken liver/heart/gizzard, fruit, mice, high q dog food etc etc. Nothing is working. I let her stay in the bin for about 20 mins until I let her go to her cage again.. I cant stand her trying to climb out. Feel bad for her.

I am now desperate to get her feeding from that bin.. She ingesting alot of substrate yesterday when eating some chicken liver. I put it on a plate with paper all around it, but ofcourse she will take the meat pieace and walk away with it, dropping it on the ground and start eating.

Should I just be really tough on her, let her stay in the bin for longer time and ONLY offer food in there? So she eventually will eat because of hunger? It feels cruel but it´s for her best right?

(She is about 7 months old).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus