• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

panacur

steve

5 Year Member
hello i have a young iguana who is exhibiting the signs of having internal parasites. not eating and losing weight. i have owned 2 adults in the past 1 that lived to 16 years so im fairly certain that i know the signs. i really dont need to take him to a vet to be told what i know but without going to the vet where can i find panacur to rid him of these bugs? i see i can buy it for dogs online but is it the same thing?
i really dont have the 75 bucks to bring him to a vet can anyone help me please

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've bought it on-line. Do a Google search for fenbendazole for sale. You will need to check suspension strengths (ie 10%) and then get the appropriate dosage for weight. It can be hard on the kidneys so keep him well hydrated too.

Beazer

5 Year Member
Are you able to get a fecal done at a vet or anything? You may need fenbendazole (spelling?) and/or metronidazole. Go to beanfarm.com and they should have both of them (might go by panacur for the fenbendazole and flagyl for the metronidazole). Also, its not too expensive so pick up the book "Understanding Reptile Prasites" by Roger Klingenberg and it will help you out a lot with proper dosing/treatment/some parasite identification. Be sure to find the formula for the proper amount for reptiles.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff