• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ordering a baby red tegu, Help urgent

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
My parents have allowed me to get a red tegu a couple of days ago, but they said that it needs to be done by sometime this weekend. So I'm in middle of ordering a red tegu from a company called Global Exotic Pets, which is the only place that seemed trusty, and will ship to any place in Canada. But Rob, who happens to be the manager, is not picking up the phone, and hasn't emailed back since this morning, is this the kind of guy that I can trust? my mom says that she'll pay for it through PayPal, but what I'm worried about is the shipping. I've heard of horrow stories about animal getting shipped horribly and end up killing the animals, either by cooking them by too much heat, or freezing them with nothing else in the box.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You might want to read this first:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php?searchid=91007">http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/ ... chid=91007</a><!-- m -->

AB^

5 Year Member
The link doesnt go anywhere

anywho find out exactley what the sellers terms are before you send him anything, Some people that are supposed to be very reputable in the business can pull some shady stuff (trust me I know). Also Search the fauna classifieds BOI for information on the seller.

Edited 1 time by me for not making any sense lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry about that, try this one:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98676&highlight=Global+Exotic+Pets">http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/ ... xotic+Pets</a><!-- m -->

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
Thank you Bobby, it sounds like I'm quite screwed with this red tegu thing, a minimum of $250 per order, what kind of crap policy and term is that?
do you ship to Canada Bobby?

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
well, rob finally emailed back and this was his response

Our tegu's are eating , mealworms , crickets , repcal turtle / bearded diet . Mixed together . Females around two months old are no problem .

Thanks for you email , next is the order - Rob C / call 519 - 888 - 0688 to order , thanks david .

and this was my email that he responded to

Hi
I would like to order a baby red tegu, could you please tell me everything about the red tegus you got? I'll like to get a bright red female, that is about 2 months old. feeding great on fruits and vegetables, along with other parts of the diet that they require.
I'll tell you the address and everything else as soon as you get back to me.
Thank You
-David

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
sigh no, i didn't bother to order, i was looking for another place for the whole time while i was waiting for someone to respond with a good answer, but, Bobby, do you ship to Canada? or does anyone else know if LLL Reptiles ship to Canada?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
sigh no, i didn't bother to order, i was looking for another place for the whole time while i was waiting for someone to respond with a good answer, but, Bobby, do you ship to Canada? or does anyone else know if LLL Reptiles ship to Canada?

I don't yet, however I hope to some day, I do not know of anyone in the U.S. that does. Bert has shipped there before, but he said it is a bunch of trouble dealing with the airport, permits and customs.

nat

5 Year Member
hi!

I don't know where to get any reds at the moment (that's not to say they aren't out there but still). Anyways, try Henry at a1pythons.com (that is where I got my little guy) or port credit pets out of ontario. There is also a company out of alberta called J&J reptiles and they seem to carry tegus regulary and they do ship to.

reptilescanada.com in the classifieds section is your best bet. Port Credit did recently post a list of their tegus available atm. I don't think you will be able to get them by this weekend but you could certainly pay for one by this weekend!

I think most of the tegus out there however are mostly black and whites, you don't see as many reds but they could still be out there!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
:D :D :D :D :D I guess this is the part I say thank you, nat, I recently found a red tegu at J&J reptiles as you suggested, may I ask if your red tegu eats fruits and vegis?, lol, you don't have to answer that, but again, thank you for the support, but isn't a1pythons.com a place to get snakes? i visited there several times to do some research, but never saw a lizard up for sale

nat

5 Year Member
yes a1pythons.com is more snakes. Henry (the owner) sometimes get other things in trades, which is how he came across my little guy. I have heard nothing but good things about J and J reptiles... they have a lot of big names in the reptile industry of canada stand behind their quailty and service so they are a good choice to go with. I have talked to them on the phone myself about tegus and I know them to be very helpful.

I *think* my little guy was eatting fruits but its hard to say since he has been hibernating since I got him (he snacked a little and then went and fell asleep, though he comes out from time to time to visit I am leaving him alone)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
:D :D :D :D :D I guess this is the part I say thank you, nat, I recently found a red tegu at J&J reptiles as you suggested, may I ask if your red tegu eats fruits and vegis?, lol, you don't have to answer that, but again, thank you for the support, but isn't a1pythons.com a place to get snakes? i visited there several times to do some research, but never saw a lizard up for sale

Tell Jim at J&J I said to give you a good deal, I know him a little, Jim D seems to be a pretty good guy.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
:D lol, thank you Bobby, nat and everyone else, it's about to happen
what can a guy like me do without a great site and people like the Tegu Talk
thank you