• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

night time basking temps???

jmiles50

5 Year Member
I have a zoo med infra red bulb in the new enclosure(75watt), and the basking spot under the bulb is like 110degree. Is that too high? I had a smaller bulb(50watt) in earlier, and the temp was right about 100degrees.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Night time basking temps? Your tegu awake at night? If your trying to keep it warm at night your room temp should be fine seeing as your in AZ Lol.

homer

5 Year Member
do you think it is 110 at night in south america? probably not. 110 is way to high at night. 80s is good

jmiles50

5 Year Member
No, I dont think that it's 110 at night where she's from. When I did keep a night heat lamp on in her other cage, she's sleep under it. Which would make me think she enjoyed it! The cool side of the tank is at 75-80degree's.

i0r

5 Year Member
75 - 90 are usually the lowest temps here during "Tegu season(When active)"
But not to forget....they don't sleep in the wide open. They have deep fresh burrows that probably are about 70. So as long as you don't freeze your a** off inside your house, then your tegu is just fine :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan