• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Nigel's ovulating

goodtimes

5 Year Member
So I got Nigel about a year and a half ago from a lady that was moving out of the area. Nigel was in good condition, lean but healthy. She is awsome, super mellow, sweet, and looking huge. Nigel is a female, didn't now when I got her but found out much later.

I got a male after I figured out Nigel was a lady, and started to breed them late last fall. Pal, the male, is a Lemon Pastel. They have copulated several times. Pal stopped eating about 7 weeks ago, and Nigel started to refuse food about 4 weeks ago.

I just went in to let Nigel out for a bit and holy moly she looks and feels like she is going to pop! I believe this is ovulation! It has been a few days since the last lovers meeting between the two, so I went ahead and put them together. I am 99% sure there will be babies soon. This is my first run at breeding, but it has been pretty successful so far, visual copulations and all.

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Nigel laid eggs. She had 7 total, all looked great. I set up an incubator and placed them in. After candling them I found one to be infertile. Three days ago I was checking on them and candled again. The egg that the infertile one was attached to had died :cry: . Needless to say I am bummed. Not sure what happened. The others look great. Five left and I can hardly wait to see little heads pipping out.

goodtimes

5 Year Member
So I am in Hawaii working for a few weeks so I will not be able to get pics up until I return home. My lovely lady is playing mommy right now, taking care of all my pets ( what an awesome girl, glad she found me ). She has been giving me updates daily. There were 7 eggs originally, one of which was infertile right off. After about ten days or so I lost another ( no idea why ). I candled and the six had nice veins. When I candled later I found one didn't have veins any longer. I dissected the egg after removal and found a little snake inside. The egg was already wilting and beginning to smell. The remaining five seem to be thriving, nice and firm, with plenty of veiny action.

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Alright I am home and took a picture of the remaining eggs. I only took one, I figure there wasn't too much to do with inanimate eggs. Here they are in my homemade incubator.[attachment=0]

Attachments

• 048.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 23

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu