• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Newest permanent member of my family

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Some of you may know that I volunteer for a wonderful Boxer rescue group and always have at least 2 foster dogs here. A couple of weeks ago I brought home my very first Boxer foster, a 1.5 year old flashy brindle male named Reuben. It took about 3 days for me to completely fall for this dog and I've decided to adopt him permanently.

Introducing Reuben!
30216reuben3.jpg

30216reuben2.jpg

30216reuben1.jpg

leoares27

5 Year Member
ahhh, so cute
what is his story? (if you don't mind telling it)
but, if it is to aweful, i don't wanna know...i watch to much of that "Animal Cops" :oops:

mschuld

5 Year Member
Beauty!

I've been around a few boxers the past few years and really like them. They really seem to enjoy being around people. I did some work for some nice folks in Wyoming years ago that had two boxers. One was elderly and the other was around two or three . The young one escaped one day and ran across the street to the park. Well, he apparently thought that a passing jogger was trying to play with him and nipped at his hand a couple times to get him engaged in his level of enthusiasm. Unfortunatly, the dog was captured by animal control and the owners had to go to court. They ended having to take out insurance on the dog to avoid paying a rather large fine. The jogger was not hurt. Sometimes life isn't very fair. There's drug dealers and cruel people out there that abuse animals and face little or no punishment for their actions, and honest animal lovers that end up being made examples of. Sorry, I'm rambling. Anyway, I did want to thank you on your input in regards to keeping cyclura together. I think I will follow your advice!

chillydogwillis

5 Year Member
I had a fawn colored boxer named samson that was stolen that sucked :( he was very pretty but he wouldn't listen for crap i think he knew he was expensive :?:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome Jane, congrats! Boxers seem to be very rewarding dogs to own. All my friends who own them swear they will never own any other breed. I myself love the big working class dogs.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Reuben was actually raised outdoors tied with a chain. When he first came into rescue he was timid and had no trust for humans. He has come a long way and I think we bonded almost immediately. Now he is practically velcroed to my side and wants to be close almost all the time.

Boxers definately are a breed unto their own. Such clowns they are!! All of the other volunteers would tell me that I was missing so much by not fostering or having a boxer. Now I understand what they meant.

dicy

5 Year Member
great looking dog and yea clowns they r i realy like how they charge full force when they r playing looks so funny than stop and stand stiff looking all thuff my biggest dog always plays whit a huge one here in the park ending up coverd in slime :D

Beazer

5 Year Member
That is one handsome boxer. I love his feet lol. When I was younger we had a boxer and he would jump the fence and go to the front door and sit at the front door lol. Not to mention he looooved playing with the neighbor kids. When my mom was a kid in Munic, Germany she grew up with a boxer and she said she would tug on its tongue and pinch its nips and everything and that dog would just sit in the front yard and take it like a champ and never left the yard lol.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus