• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Newborn rat pups! Advice.

nessanicolle

Hello everyone, I have been trying to breed my mice and rats. Today my big female Remmy, gave birth. I am mainly breeding then for the babies so I can feed my tegu. I know that seems cruel but I have my reasons. Does anyone know how old they should be to feed the tegu? when is the best time? My tegu is about 8 months old and can eat a small adult mouse.

Vanessa.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can feed them whenever you want. Obviously if you want them to be a decent meal, wait until they are bigger.

tegus4life

^ Agreed. The longer you wait the more their bones develop too, which will provide more calcium than if you fed the newborn mice.