• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to the forum, here goes haha

spidersandmonsters

Hey everyone, my name is Chase. I've been keeping herps and have been fascinated with animals in general since before I can remember. Primarily, I'm a tarantula person, but I have always loved all types of lizards. I had a 1 1/2 year old Chinese Water Dragon, Merlin, that I loved. Merlin was recently lost in the tornadoes that hit my home state of Alabama back in April and I've just had a hole in my family since. I decided that it was time for a new lizard, and after mountains of research it became obvious that a Tegu was what I was looking for and that Varnyard was by far the best place to go. I have put in a deposit on a 2011 Argentine B&W and I absolutely can't wait to meet my new friend! But I've gone on long enough with this, just wanted to say hi and familiarize myself :]

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:) Hi,.. welcome to the site and thanks for coming. Learn as much as you can,.. while you can. We have lots of knowledgeable and experienced members here willing to help when you need it.

Got any pics of the pets you have now?.

spidersandmonsters

Sure do!

Amelia Earhart, she's a sweet as can be:
[attachment=2606]

Her brother, Andrew Jackson, the runt of their litter:
[attachment=2607]

Leopard Geckos I used to have making friends with a turtle that ended up in there:
[attachment=2608]

Merlin the first day I got him, he's just a baby here:
[attachment=2609]

And my Giant B&W, Olivia.. the most aggressive New World spider I've EVER met:
[attachment=2610]

Attachments

• 0610111404.jpg
    0610111404.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 2
  • 0316110708.jpg
    0316110708.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 1
  • downsize(2).jpg
    downsize(2).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2
  • downsize(3).jpg
    downsize(3).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2
  • downsize(4).jpg
    downsize(4).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site. Spiders are one thing I just can't handle. They give me the willies!!

herpgirl2510

Welcome tegus are awesome. Spiders however are the one thing I am terrified of but I think its cool that others ar brave enough to have them.

spidersandmonsters

Haha well Rosehairs and actually incredibly docile and very good pets.. but my bird eater is a whole different. I will admit that it scares me to open her tank sometimes.

turtlepunk

aw man! sorry about your lost dragon and the tornado!!! that must have been devastating!!!!! I cant even imagine =(
Nice decision to go with a tegu!! =) im getting my first one this summer as well. =) WELCOME!

spidersandmonsters

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Yeah, losing Merlin was horrible.. I had also found a very injured baby mockingbird that I was trying to get back to good enough health to fly, but he only had use of one of his legs and he just died of those complications this morning :/ those storms messed us up.

Nytes_Haven

Hi spidersandmonsters,

I too had a collection of tarantulas, (2) rosehairs, (1) blue colbolt (1) mexican redknee and (1) Goliath bird eater when I lived up in NJ. And your very right, the rosehairs are the most docile of the species. My Rosie would hang on my shoulder or stay in my hand for hours at a time, she was the greatest. When I relocated to Florida I had to re-home all of them (including my scorpions) as my now ex-fiance was scared to death of them. Anyway thought I would say hi and welcome....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029