• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

NEW TEGU!!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
congrats on your new tegu, but isn't he hibernating? mine is kinda hibernating now, but he's still basking and stuff, but he's not eating, kinda stuck

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
question: what are some fruits ur tegu likes cuz mine only eats grapes, honeydew when the grapes are done and bananas(twice, i kno bananas are not a staple) any help. oh i also bought Nature's variety raw food chicken and turkey formula. any pros/cons on it? thanks

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ours like Strawberries and Blueberries. They'll eat most soft fruits.

Grapes aren't a great staple because they're mostly water, not much nutrition. Ours like them too.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
anything soft, here's my list: strawberries, melons, mango, banana, kiwi, grapes, and blueberries
mine eats fruits every second day of the week

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.greenigsociety.org/foodchart.htm">http://www.greenigsociety.org/foodchart.htm</a><!-- m --> Try this link..yeah its for iguanas but it will work for any type of veggie/fruit eating reptiles..

good luck ;)

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine go crazy over blueberries. They will also eat cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberry, and grape.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
it really depends on how much you feed it, if it hibernates or not, it really just depends on the tegu it self, i've seen 5 month old tegu that was well over 3 feet, and Strigg's 17 month old black and white tegu that was 4 feet, the youngest and the largest red tegu i've seen was a 4 feet 2 year old, so i would say around 5-10 growth per year is normal

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
sohow do i tell if my guy is hibernating. cuz he sleeps alot but he eats and moves around still especially when im in the room lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If he goes into hibernation he will not come out much at all, if not at all. Most of mine never come out until spring.

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
thanks for the reassurance sir. i didn't want to say whether he was or wasn't and be wrong and look like a fool amongst the experts. this is my first tegu so my experience with them is nill. i've had him for such a short period of time and i already want to buy another one:p

nat

5 Year Member
its not only a disease, its a contagious disease. Careful not to expose your friends to it unless you think they can handle it 8)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nat said:
its not only a disease, its a contagious disease. Careful not to expose your friends to it unless you think they can handle it 8)
I don't know anybody (personally) that could handle buying a Tegu. Most people think we're weird. We now have 6 tanks in our living room!!

nat

5 Year Member
I agree, I only know one guy that I would trust to have the means atm and the commitment needed to provide a tegu with what it needs. Of course, most people don't have the space and means until AFTER they get the tegu bug... and than they MAKE the space and means :p ha ha
I have a 6 foot pen where my computer used to be. ha ha. My craft / office room is now a reptile room where some of my craft supplies are allowed to reside (unless of course another reptile comes in) ha ha. Oh and my husbands exercise room (where I swore up and down would be reptile free) now has a wall of hibernating reptiles in one corner.

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
i wish i could dedicate my roommates (<--parents *for anyone who's seen grandmas boy*) basement to reptiles lol

COWHER

5 Year Member
I dont Know how the frigg I missed this post but congrats thats a good lookin tegu :fiwo :dan :fiwo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980