• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New tegu not eating

kierap

I recently got a red tegu, he's about four months old. When I got him I thought he was dead because of how cold and still he was. He turned out to be alive, and seems to be doing okay now. Except hes not eating. Hes straight out refused any food I've offered him. His temps are correct, humidity is good, he's just not eating. I've offered him meal worms, turkey, fish, multiple fruits, egg, and he's just acting like the food isnt even there. I do have rats to feed him, but I would like to see him eat something else before I offer one of those. Hes been to the vet and the vet could see no physical reason for him not eating, and he took a fecal sample to check. I'm not entirely sure what my next move should be to get him to eat. Any help would be appreciated.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This time of year, Argentines and reds slow down, going off food for 1-5 months. As long as not wasting away, don't worry. Offer water always, and for now some food once each week.

Jessicak

Same thing with mine. I put food and he runs around like a crazy person but never eats it. I tried spoon feeding some raw egg and he did eat that. After like a month he ate one pinky and aw crickets. Not to worry, they're just goobers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu