• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New skinny tegu

got10

I'm sorry for your loss. The right thing for them to do would to be comp you for the full price of the animal and replace it with the healthy one . Not some discount on another animal.

JoeTurtleKing

Thanks you. I knew going into buying him that he was very sick. He wasn't for sale but i talked to them and got him for $100 I thought I could save him since they where not putting the time into saving him but i was wrong. Not there fault since I knew what I was getting into

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

ilovelizards

JoeTurtleKing said:
Thanks you. I knew going into buying him that he was very sick. He wasn't for sale but i talked to them and got him for $100 I thought I could save him since they where not putting the time into saving him but i was wrong. Not there fault since I knew what I was getting into

im also sorry for your loss but atleast you tryed and that deserves credit.Also befor you get any other new reptile I sould suggest takeing everything out and sanatizeing it with something.Just for good messure

JoeTurtleKing

Re: RE: New skinny tegu

ilovelizards said:
JoeTurtleKing said:

im also sorry for your loss but atleast you tryed and that deserves credit.Also befor you get any other new reptile I sould suggest takeing everything out and sanatizeing it with something.Just for good messure

Thank you :) I did sanitize the cage & the hides and stuff in watered down bleach and then let it bake in the sun for a couple hours + I baked the ecoearth in the over at 350* for 45 minutes. Does this sound ok? I really hope so I don't want my new little red tegu getting sick :-(

Here is a picture of how i setup the cage now. Its a 20L visionarium I'm going to switch from heat cable to a heat lamp
[attachment=4365]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337916568660.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337916568660.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 9

ilovelizards

That sounds good to me and when putting in the basking light put it over something like your black hide there or something so the lizard can get up clouse to it to bask but something light enough that the lizard wont get smushed or traped if he dug under it sence non of your stuff is sitting directly on the glass.good luck with your new baby

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sorry and it's good that you tried. He was in really rough shape and likely already had organ damage at that point, in all reality. :( pretty sad. I hope you have a better beginning with your next tegu!! Share with us when you get him!

JoeTurtleKing

Thank you everyone for your kind words and all the info you's have been a great help. I picked up my new baby today Charmander #2 lol He looks so much more healthier then the last one and has already ate and drank. He's a lot different then the last one he's walking all over his cage and licking everything. He weighs 67 grams and the sick one that died weighed only 47 grams and was the same length. Here's some pictures of my new red tegu (Charmander#2)
[attachment=4370]
[attachment=4371]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338002150034.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338002150034.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338002218030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338002218030.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 15

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Im sorry for your loss too. At least you gave him a few happy days at the end though. Good luck with the new little guy.

HeatherN

I'm sorry to here about charmander, but at least they spent their last day in the care of a good, attentive owner. charmander #2 looks healthy, sounds alert, and looks like they'll grow up to be a beautiful red! already charmander #2's color is awesome! especially his feet. :p

ReptiiGuys

People like you make me happy to be a reptile keeper someone that takes sick animals and makes them what they were meant to be !!

JoeTurtleKing

Re: RE: New skinny tegu

ReptiiGuys said:
People like you make me happy to be a reptile keeper someone that takes sick animals and makes them what they were meant to be !!

Thank you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980