• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new red tegu pic's new to the form looking for some info

Tweeds-reptiles

5 Year Member
well it was the last thing we thought we would bring home from the show (CRBE)
but seeing as it was the ONLY red we seen and a baby 6 months we could not say no an the price was right to
know we have done a lot of reading up as we wanted one it was just find the right one he/she is in a temp home for now but have a nice big cage all
ready just need to move a few things around first

a few question we have for the fruit dose it matter if its frozen then thawed out ?
an 2ed what temps do they drop down to for hyphenation when is the best time to start and how old shod they be ?
if any one has some good sites for the tegus i would love to spend the time reading more on them

tegu1.jpg

tegu2.jpg

thanks jamie

whoru

5 Year Member
theres good reading matteria on thise sitel under tegu care u should check an out an welcome to the site

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
a few question we have for the fruit dose it matter if its frozen then thawed out ?

No it will not affect the overall nutrition content of the fruit.

an 2ed what temps do they drop down to for hyphenation when is the best time to start and how old shod they be ?

65 Fahrenheit is a good temp for hibernation. Anything below that and you might want to consider a secondary heat source. They can hibernate the first year through the rest of their lives. It is best to cycle them with the normal seasons of where you live.
if any one has some good sites for the tegus i would love to spend the time reading more on them

You're on it. More than enough info and help can be found here! Good luck.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Tweeds-reptiles said:
well it was the last thing we thought we would bring home from the show (CRBE)
but seeing as it was the ONLY red we seen and a baby 6 months we could not say no an the price was right to
know we have done a lot of reading up as we wanted one it was just find the right one he/she is in a temp home for now but have a nice big cage all
ready just need to move a few things around first

tegu1.jpg

tegu2.jpg

thanks jamie

Jamie welcome to tegu talk good lookin GU

Tweeds-reptiles

5 Year Member
We picked her up at the (CRBE) Canadian reptile breeder expo
thanks we like the look of her also we have not found many reds down hear as baby's
we would like to pick up a pair or even ONE blue but no one is working with then in Canada that i can find

thanks Jamie

Tweeds-reptiles

5 Year Member
when she is in hibernation is there any sin i shod watch for
an shod i still offer some food or no
an we have her set up an she has a den to hid in now when we feed her
an get her out of the hid she is pissy an bit could this be she is starting to go into hibernation an justs wants to be left a lone if so shod we just put food in her cage or still feed out side of cage when we get her out an in her food tub she dose eat

thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me