• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new from ct

johnlebel

hi im john im from waterbury ct...
im gettin my first tegu this week a 1 1/2yr old male columbian black and white tegu.... looking for some advice an tips as far as diet an tanks setup
thanks in advance guys!

johnlebel

this is him
tegu3.jpg

tegu2.jpg

tegu.jpg

G

He looks about the size of mine, cannot completely tell though. I have mine in a 3' x 2.5' x 15" enclosure. The width and length isn't bad, but the hight can stand to be taller. I'm working on building her a 8' x 4' x 4'

The ideal cage for adults are 8x4x4, I'm sure you can search the forum or google for ideas.. Way cheaper to build one.

For diet mine does eat fruit, although not all columbians do. I feed her frozen(thawed) mice, salmon, cooked eggs, grapes, strawberries...

Just make sure to get cypress mulch and not pine shavings.. UVB light is essential and basking spot from 100 - 110 with cool down of around 75 -80 on the other side is how I have mine.

Good luck, just lurk around the site and get some good info. I just rescued one about the same size. Columbians are a bit harder to tame, they are more grumpy and afraid than mean. Just takes time

AWD247

5 Year Member
<------ From CT also, you need anything shoot me over a PM, im in Bristol. We have a few others from CT on here that are local to you also.
Good luck with the GU

Adam87

5 Year Member
im glad to see you joined the forum these guys are awsome help you out with anything and the Gu looks awsome

johnlebel

thanks alot guys..... just found out today the one of my baby ball pythons may have RTI.... so im gunna spendin my time tryin to help her out...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat