• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Carpets

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got my 3 carpets today so decided to put up some pics.

Baylin line Tiger Jaguar
BaylinTigerJagmale.jpg

BaylinTigerJagmale1.jpg

Red Coastal Jaguar
redjagfemale.jpg

Red Coastal Jaguar sibling
redcoastaljagsiblingmale.jpg

Here are their cages
Neodeshas.jpg

All of the pics except the 2nd one are from the breeder, I couldn't get any good pics of the others, and they are both in shed. Not pictured either is my Irian Jaya Jaguar from Susan Hardy. She is too squirmy and nippy to get pics of just yet.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cool patterns, I really like the first one. How old are they?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Was waiting from some carpet pics from you. Absolutely beautiful, i definitely have to get a jag into my project. Tiger jags are epic.

Your cage's look good, i want something like that for mines. But i'll wait.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The 3 pictured are all June 2010 babies and my IJ Jag is a May 2011.

Strange_Evil... what are you gonna wait for?

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
They are absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on your new additions. I wish you many years of slithery happiness.

Logie_Bear

So pretty! The red jag is awesome for sure, I dont think I've ever seen one quite that color. They're all going to be real lookers! :D

frost

1,000+ Post Club
how much does the first one usually run?

o and did u buy those cages or build them yourself? i would love to get a few.=]

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
how much does the first one usually run?

o and did u buy those cages or build them yourself? i would love to get a few.=]

I got him for $350, they can be anywhere from $250+. The cages are Neodeshas, they don't make this size anymore. Website is NPIcages.com I think.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
babyyitslove said:
Very nice! My husband is starting to take interest in carpets, but we don't know where to start.

What do you want to do with them, breed or just keep as pets?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
if breeding isn't really a concern, it comes down to which one you think looks the best. They are very addicting though.

babyyitslove

We'll have to go through some photos and figure that one out. Knowing my husband, he'll want the most expensive one.
Like with the leachie, ....he came across a picture of one and HAD to have it. Come to find out, its the largest and most rare gecko in the world... which= pricey.
He wanted a monitor type lizard.... found a tegu... and here we are.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I was wondering how you got your hands on cage's like that. I searched and the best size i could find for younger carpets was in the link you listed, the
NPI 12 inch Standard Reptile Cage with 3"x6" Vent on top and clear acrylic window. Just so small!

I'm hoping to run into some at the white plains expo on sunday.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I came across them on kingsnake and it was a local guy. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on grow-up cages, just use tubs if you don't want to buy adult cages to raise them up in. I will eventually getting 47x23x15s from Repti-Racks.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Yeah i like the tubs i use them for all my snakes, but i do want at least one good display cage is all. I'll wait then, until i can put him in a nice large display cage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980