• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Blue Tegu, unnamed, need suggestions

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pics are below, bought this boy off kingsnake, was told he's about a year, year and a half old. Snakes at Sunset sold him to me, they sold him as a baby, thinking he was a black and white, the customer they sold him to returned him seeing that he would no longer be able to keep it. Pricey, but well worth it. I'll begin handling him in the next few days, just letting him cool off a bit.

The enclosure he's in is only temporary, I'm not a fan of glass sided enclosures, and he'll be moved outside into an 8x4x3ft by Monday most probably. (It'll be completed this weekend).

He's a big boy. Need name suggestions!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
I can't possibly see how even as a baby he could be sold or even confused with a B&W

My thoughts exactly. He's got a beautiful coloration! I'm thinking of naming him Ice, but then again, it's pretty cheesy.

thenikkix3

I googled serpent/reptile mythology and searched for a name I liked.. ended up mixing Naga and Ophion together to get Nagion. You could try something like that?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thenikkix3 said:
I googled serpent/reptile mythology and searched for a name I liked.. ended up mixing Naga and Ophion together to get Nagion. You could try something like that?

Great idea! I'm doing that right now, thinking Ladon, a Greek mythological serpent might do the trick, still uncertain though.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Name wise,.. I just googled "light blue names" and came across,..

Sonus, latin word for "noise, sound" or "tone, character, style.
Caelum is from cerulean color, it's a constellation but also means heaven or sky.

Cerulean - a light shade of blue. It may be too long but he could be called Ceru to shorten it. Cerulean also brought up Chromatic / Chrome.

Of course the usual names like Powder, Sky, Cain or something along those lines but I liked Caelum when I saw it.
Also Ceru which in a round about way reminded me of Cyril a character in the HBO Oz series which means Lordly or Masterful.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:

Caelum is from cerulean color, it's a constellation but also means heaven or sky.

Cerulean - a light shade of blue. It may be too long but he could be called Ceru to shorten it. Cerulean also brought up Chromatic / Chrome.

Of course the usual names like Powder, Sky, Cain or something along those lines but I liked Caelum when I saw it.
Also Ceru which in a round about way reminded me of Cyril a character in the HBO Oz series which means Lordly or Masterful.

I really liked the suggestions. After reading yours, I'm caught between Caelum and Ceru. I also found Sobek to be interesting, after the crocodile headed patron of the Egyptian army and military.

thenikkix3

TeguBuzz said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

I really liked the suggestions. After reading yours, I'm caught between Caelum and Ceru. I also found Sobek to be interesting, after the crocodile headed patron of the Egyptian army and military.

Sobek was my second choice actually. I really liked that one, but Nagion stuck. Glad I could help.

Sirhc401

If I ever get a blue tegu I would name him leviathan. It is a water serpent. But a really cool name

You could call him Levi for short. Lol

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
I can't possibly see how even as a baby he could be sold or even confused with a B&W

These were the same people that were selling that "genuine" wild-caught hybrid, right? If so, I could TOTALLY see them getting that wrong...they don't seem to get much right!

Nonetheless...that tegu is SMOKIN'!!! Really, really beautiful.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
slideaboot said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

These were the same people that were selling that "genuine" wild-caught hybrid, right? If so, I could TOTALLY see them getting that wrong...they don't seem to get much right!

You're absolutely right. When I saw this boy, there was no way I could pass on him. I paid a fair price for something this beautiful, but I know for a fact it was well worth it. This is probably going to grow up to be one of my best looking tegus. He's pretty damn tame, no signs of disease whatsoever, and when hes larger, I plan on breeding him with my red females. Name right now is between Sobek and Ceru.

Sirhc401 said:
If I ever get a blue tegu I would name him leviathan. It is a water serpent. But a really cool name

Damn, now I'm caught between Sobek, Ceru, and Levi, haha. Such great suggestions!

thenikkix3

TeguBuzz said:
slideaboot said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

You're absolutely right. When I saw this boy, there was no way I could pass on him. I paid a fair price for something this beautiful, but I know for a fact it was well worth it. This is probably going to grow up to be one of my best looking tegus. He's pretty damn tame, no signs of disease whatsoever, and when hes larger, I plan on breeding him with my red females. Name right now is between Sobek and Ceru.

Sirhc401 said:

Damn, now I'm caught between Sobek, Ceru, and Levi, haha. Such great suggestions!

You could do a poll to help you decide between the 3?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
chelvis said:
Man I am glad someone on the fourm got this tegu!

I am too! One of my best looking gu's by far, can't wait to see what he'll be able to produce with my high contrast red female when he's a little older. I've decided on Sobek, it fits. This thing is just beyond belief.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's so pretty! I'm glad he went to a forum member. I'd love to see what he looks like in the sun :p
Do you have any pictures of your other tegus?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu