• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Blue from Davedragon~

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
New Blue from Davedragon arrived early this morning with an appetite . After basking it ate 2 pinkies and some Turkey. Of course,..its just as cute as ever.

IMGP1340.jpg

IMGP1343.jpg

My first focused tongue shot

IMGP1348.jpg

IMGP1354.jpg

IMGP1350.jpg

IMGP1367.jpg

IMGP1369.jpg

After a full belly it finally settled in.

IMGP1384.jpg

Idk how many times I have already said it but,...THANX Dave dragon, I Love it! :app :hug :mrgreen:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Great pics!!! He's one of the best looking ones out of the clutch. He's got a lot of white on his head. And they do love to eat!!!

Zilch

5 Year Member
Since I hate spamming up the forums I'll post the two new shots I have of my little DaveDragon baby in here:
photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

(I really need a real camera...)
Also my little guy hasn't developed much of a taste for pinkies yet... but if you get him near turkey it's a bloodbath!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The turkey "blood bath" gets worse as they get bigger. Imagine 6 hungry Tegu's lunging at the turkey and each other trying eat as much as they can. Believe it or not, sometimes they will be standing right in front of the turkey and turn to take it from another Tegu!

Zilch

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Believe it or not, sometimes they will be standing right in front of the turkey and turn to take it from another Tegu!
The moving stuff always looks tastier! I usually break up the turkey into bite sized morsels, but he still grabs and shakes it WILDLY... I have to scrape pieces off the sides of his feeding bin every night hahaha.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, they get the turkey everywhere!! I put it down in a pile and they pick at it. You should see an adult Tegu shake apart a small rat!! Guts everywhere!!

Cali 202

5 Year Member
Your blue looks great! I need to get pics of mine up, but I want to wait till he finishes shedding.

Zilch said:
DaveDragon said:
Believe it or not, sometimes they will be standing right in front of the turkey and turn to take it from another Tegu!
The moving stuff always looks tastier! I usually break up the turkey into bite sized morsels, but he still grabs and shakes it WILDLY... I have to scrape pieces off the sides of his feeding bin every night hahaha.

Lol, mine does that too, I have to clean his feeding bin everyday. He also hasnt shown any interest in pinkies yet either, but loves his turkey, fish and crickets and new favorite, strawberries heh.

Cali 202

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
MMM...strawberry!!!! They love strawberry!

Yep you were right about the strawberry! I mixed it up with some turkey and fish, and he made sure he got every last bite of strawberry before moving on to the turkey and fish haha.

Zilch

5 Year Member
I haven't tried strawberries yet but my little guy LOVES blueberries, actually all my gus do. I don't even have to mix them in, though it helps to cut them in half so they taste the sweetness and they pretty much immediately go for it, the blue seems to favor fruit a lot more than my red or B&W though!

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
aww, they are soo cute! now i want one!! congrats on your new blues!! nice work dave dragon with the adorable babies!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It was on E when I got it home so I put the pinkies on top of the turkey. It took a couple of bites of turkey first then tried a pinkie. After the first pinkie it went turkey diving for more to top off the tank. :lol: I checked on it today after work and it just wanted to sleep. So we'll see how it does tomorrow.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Yes, they get the turkey everywhere!! I put it down in a pile and they pick at it. You should see an adult Tegu shake apart a small rat!! Guts everywhere!!
lol that reminds me i moved my tegu up to small rats i thought he would just swallow them whole like he did the adult mice but no it didnt go that well i?had ti clean rat bits out of the carpet lol but bubblz thats a nice blue you are so lucky lol how many gus do you have?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just 3, I've thought about getting a Red, Red x Blue and a Golden just to round it out and have 1 of each. But,.... I haven't committed to anything yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus