• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New baby!!

Vastra

Hello all! Just wanted to post that I am getting a new baby. I got to pick him (or her lol) up on Thursday. A friend of mine works at a reptile store and they had a very interesting clutch this year. My new baby is going to be a 50% BW and 50% red. The whole clutch is stunning looking. I can't wait to post pictures. Strax will finally have a brother or sister! So happy!!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello all! Just wanted to post that I am getting a new baby. I got to pick him (or her lol) up on Thursday. A friend of mine works at a reptile store and they had a very interesting clutch this year. My new baby is going to be a 50% BW and 50% red. The whole clutch is stunning looking. I can't wait to post pictures. Strax will finally have a brother or sister! So happy!!
Awesome Possum! Congrats!!

Vastra

First night home! He is already eating and checking stuff out. He is settling in so nicely. I am so excited for this new little guy. Everyone meet Castiel. Cas for short. The picture does no justice for how much red he is already starting to show. He was bred by a friend of mine and handled daily until I got to take him home. I have literally known him since he was an egg. I cannot wait to see what he looks like as an adult. Since he is a 50/50 it's hard telling lol. Any bets? He is very alert and curious but very easy going about being handled. I know his mom who is the sweetest tegu on the planet. she is the red pictured on my shoulder in my next reply. I hope he gets her temperament. Both of his parents are exceptionally friendly and easy going. I am so excited to have my new little baby home.
2016-09-09 22.18.16.jpg
2016-09-09 22.18.16.jpg
2016-09-09 22.18.16.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Quick, while he's little, get a length on him and measure again at 6 mo. or one year. He's going to grow big quickly. Could be fun to know.

Vastra

I will try as soon as he comes out for the day. Right now he is enjoying his cave. lol. It is so hard resisting the urge to get him out lol. I keep telling myself patience is a virtue and to just wait until he comes out. But dang it if it isn't so flippin hard when you want to mess with them.

Vastra

20160911_195409.jpg
20160911_200917.jpg
so first shed means first bath! He is coming along great with handling and let me play with him for a while, but he is still pretty jumpy when there is loud noises. All in all good first experience with bath time. I swear he has grown an inch since we brought him home. He still won't let me measure him though. Little stinker.

Attachments

• 20160911_202122.jpg
    20160911_202122.jpg
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus