• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new baby wont eat in feed box..

bella60407

5 Year Member
how long doe it take, feel like i'm torturing my new guy, put him in feed box and he wouldnt eat, put him back in his cage and he looks like he hunting around for food found one cricket that i thought i got out and he attacked like he was starving (only fed him in the tank couple of times when first brought him home) :( , put him back in feed box and he will not eat, i realize i have to be patient and let him realize this is where he will eat now
the question is how long should i give him to eat while in feed box dont want to leave him in there all day? what is good amount of time?

he so awesome he always falls asleep when i pet his back and head...think he really likes beingheld :app

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Do you have any cypress or other sort of substrate? If not, you can just feed him in his cage until his bigger. Don't let him see you put the food in though or he might become cage aggressive.

I had the same problem when Lucky was smaller. He ended up not growing that week. When I resumed feeding in the tank his growth spurt continued and he gobbled up the food. Now that he's bigger and more trustful, he'll eat wherever we put the food, be it in his enclosure or in a bowl on the floor.

Honestly, Lucky sees me giving him his food and he is dog tame. I never let him get hungry and he snacks on some pretty nice food! I spend a lot of time with him as well. I really don't think he'd ever bite me ... but time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980