• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New-b

brutus13

Hi everyone,
I have had reptiles my whole life. I am taking my first step into the tegu world. I just pre-ordered a tegu from Varnyard and I am very excited and nervous. I want to make sure I am doing everything right. I don't want a 4ft disaster. My number one goal is to have a tame all american tegu that when he is older can roam my house freely. When I get my tegu (hatchling) in june/july what is my first step into taming him. I am going to use a feeding box for sure. I got that part down. What else do I need to know. I can use all the advice in the world. Bearded dragons are so easy and they come home loving you! Obviously tegus are very different. thanks everyone.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
first thing is it really depends on the tegu, nero came to me at 5wks old and very tame nerer was skiddish and even was outside w/o a leash no problems whatsoever but then achiles and pyro both were on the aggresive side and i cant take them out w/o a leash achilles has really calmed down a alot but pyro s a whole different story lol! with achilles i just ignored him(excpet for his basic nedds feeding, misting ect) nad put t-shirts i wore in his enclosure at night and with a few months he has changed around! im trying all of this with pyro but he has a dr.jeckle and mr hyde personality he could be fine oneday and nasty the next lol but i just stick to it! but one thing i do recommend is giving them a week or two to acclimate! you will be fine just stick to whatever you drcide to do and it will payoff! good luck!

brutus13

Cool thanks then I guess I can just hope for the best. I know as babies they seem to be more "excited" I guess is the term where they will dart out of your hands. I just want what I see that most people have. I am off this summer so I will be spending a lot of time. I love your GU's they look awesome. When it comes time I will contacting you with more questions if you dont mind. Thanks again.

Mr Critter

5 Year Member
Another good thing is to bring them in a small area,bathroom ,or the bath tub let them roam, & just sit on the floor with them,let them come to you & crawl around on you,after 2-3 times you can start to pet them ,just be patiant .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me