• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new B&W

Tarantu1aMan

5 Year Member
i got my new tegu a little over a week ago,ive been leaving him alone and just sitting by his cage and putting my hand in there,well today i put my hand in his tank and he let me pet him so i thought he would let me hold him.he was pretty calm but when i was putting him back he got real aggressive and bite me,it hurt really bad,brought blood easy.im not sure what to do.

Jer723

5 Year Member
yes, you probably will get bit a few times, you just have to keep trying, you need a lot of patience to be a tegu keeper. he will know who daddy is soon enough.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
it sure does hurt doesn't it? I recommend yo get some heavy work gloves to wear while you hold him.After he calms down you can loose the gloves.Be sure to hold and support him. while holding him do not restrain him.you may have to pick him up for just 5-10 seconds then set him down. wait several minutes and repeat.It also helps not to lift him too high off the ground at first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus