• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New B&W Tegu

Sarahtonin04

I got my new baby 2 days before Christmas from Rodney Irwin in Florida. I have no idea if it is male or female or the age. I know it's hard to tell gender right now but can we guess age based on size? He hid for the first few days and just started eating for me yesterday. He's been very docile when I have him out. He gets a little frantic when I first get him out but calms down and gets into my shirt. So far I am very pleased with how he has progressed. Just wanted a guess at his age since he was originally wild caught
87065a8b41ea669298700a01ae44c004.jpg
192f02b5f4638cfb81b01ddbfdcd6584.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi Sarah- welcome and congrats on your tegu!! My three all are from Rodney. I love'm. In southern Fl, maturity is at about 3 ft nose to tail. Takes about 3 years. They sleep 3 mo./yr, and they have to work for food. Don't know how long Rodney had yours. Perhaps caught last year. What is its total length?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would figure about one year old.

Add a worn/sweated-in shirt to its hide box. Always lift from its sides and underneath.

Sarahtonin04

At a year old would a male have the obvious extra neck thing going on? He does have a scar on top of his head

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
At a year old would a male have the obvious extra neck thing going on? He does have a scar on top of his head

Captive-raised can reach 36-42" in their first year. WCs take longer. Wouldn't count on jowls just yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu