• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

need some ideas for other foods

Anthony

5 Year Member
my tegu (S) are getting board i think with the food i offer them mainly my red the other one is starting to get ready for hibernation i think.... anyway my red is only been eating very small bites of ground turkey or ground beef and refuses beef liver and refuses eggs.... he eats any rodent usually..... i also offer crickets but they dont fill him..... i need some more choices was gona try

tuna
hearts
some fruit not sure which is best
ground chicken ????
what else?

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I wouldn't use the tuna out off the can.You can go to your local store and ask them to give you either some fresh cat fish, cod, tuna, salmon or tilapia filets.Please make sure you ask them for some fish without any growth hormones in it.Most farm raised fish has that in it.You also can try like you sad the chicken hearts.You can cut up some fresh chicken or turkey breast.Most of the time Tegus like fruits that are sweet like mangoes, blue berries....Please make sure the meats and fruit is at room temps so it's not to cold to eat for your Tegu.Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me