• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need Some Help With Enclosure :)

ksteven813

Hey everyone,
Now I am thinking about posting an ad on craigslist to have someone build me a tegu enclosure in my area and I will also contact carpenters which I Already have but no response back. Now I want to give them instructions and layouts on an enclosure as I am sure many people have not built a cage for a tegu before lol. So they will know what to do with lighting,correct sealing, things toxic to reptiles, and all that. Plus to give me a quote quicker. Can anyone point me in the direction to find layouts like this? Or post here with ideas of what you think I should do.

As you may have noticed, I want this to be perfect and completely set up before I buy a tegu.

Thanks! :)

Sirhc401

i encourage you to search around this website. many discussions and threads have been made on this topic. i myself will be referring back here when i build an enclosure

Diablo

5 Year Member
I made this thread but no one replied so here you go. You need google sketchup to see it better, but here is my blueprints for the one I plan to build.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=12988

Sketchup is very easy to download and install also.

ksteven813

I found this cage on Craiglist : http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pet/3381686021.html

What do yall think? It looks to me like the substrate dip is not deep enough.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It looks like it could be a good start, but will need some work. If the glass is tempered, it is easily worth $100. The vents will probably have to be covered, looks like the inside needs to be sealed, and like you said it will need to be modified to hold more substrate. I bought a cage at one point and took the bottom off and added 18" to it so it could hold substrate. If you have the ability to modify it, I would say go for it.

ksteven813

I will ask him. What is tempered glass? lol. I am also searching for someone to still build a custom one as well. Looking everywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont