• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My tegu went gone wild

fisheric

I took Malcom outside for the first time today. It was a nice day and since he is pretty big (40"+) I figured he would be easy to handle.

Everything was going well until I went to bring him inside. He saw me moving towards him and took off running. I tried to scoop him and he thrashed. Eventually he calmed down and went back to his normal self and I picked him up no problem.

My yard is fully fenced so I am not worried about him escaping, but I dont want him to hide in a bush where its difficult to reach him.

I have heard of this before. Did your tegus get used to being outside? Any tips?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It can happen, size or age doesn't really matter if they've never been out or are use to being outside.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=11088

naturboy87

well Roxy my girl is crazy after being out side. all taming and traning go right out the door when she gets realy heated up same goes for Diesel snaping, running , charging , wiping , crock role the hole bit but wen i scoop them up they will fuss for just a bit and give up kuz they know their not going to win eny wase . but purl and blue will cum get in my lap wen their reddy to go inside or just go in on their own the cumpleat opisit .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff