• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my tegu likes to be petted but not held he will leap out of my hands

heatherx

i was going to keep trying but today he jumped as soon as i took him out head first into the dresser i felt so bad at first he was ok to hold now he wont stop jumping and trying to make a run for it. i can pet him all day in his cage he likes his neck and butt rubbed he will push into my finger along his neck and side and stick his butt in the air like a cat when i pet him lol i think its because its the hardest places for him to scratch himself when he sheds so itfeels good. but as soon as i take him out of his enclosure hes wild and tries to jump or run wherever he can. how can i stop this habit?

hes about 2 or 3 months now ive had him about 3 weeks
hes a black and white columbian tegu he hasnt tried to bite but i did catch him trying to tail whip my husband lol

Skeep

5 Year Member
My B&W used to do that to, I think she eventually just outgrew it. The second someone lifted her out of her cage she would jump away. She would run around exploring like crazy, until she inevitably scared herself somehow, then she would hide under something until I put her back. I think it's just normal. It wasn't until she was about 5 months old that she calmed down and would let me take her out and put her down nicely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu