• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My tegu isn't eating

Jdiddy151

My tegu is almost 2 yrs old I've had him for almost a yr and normally is very food motivated but he hasn't eaten anything since Thanksgiving all he does is lay under his basking lights the only time he moves is when I mess with him

CorduroyEW

There are a few things that could be going on

It could be husbandry. If temps and/or humidity are wrong they can go off their food.

What is the humidity level?
What is the temperature on the hot side of the Viv?
What temp is the basking spot?
What temp is the cold side?

It could be that your tegu is getting ready to bromate. How long are the lights on each day?

Sometimes they will simply not feel like eating for a week or 2 so it might be that nothing is wrong.

It's also possible that they are sick or have an infection. If you are properly controlling heat and humidity and the lights are on 12 hours a day then I would go to a vet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu