• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new tegu

Daniel.lizards

Can someone help me with the ins and outs with these guys? Mines only eating when I'm not there(I'm OCD and need to watch them eat or I flip.) also do they brumate or whatever? I know he's a columbian btw. Also I've got a savannah monitor and tons of other reptiles, this is just my first tegu. I've only had it for two days so no biggie, I'm trying not to bother it while it settles.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new gu. I deleted your other post since it posted twice now there's just this one. As for the gu not eating I wouldn't worry about it for now. Somtimes they need time to settle in and get use to your presence before they will eat in front of you.

Daniel.lizards

Ok so since Monday I got sick from who knows what. But i was finally able to get over and feed the little bugger. I got him to eat a few super worms and a pinkie from tongs.

In additrion, not really important, my savannah monitor also got out for 3 days. He pushed up on 2pieces of 8x4 plywood covering his 300 g stock tank. I found him. He ate like a pig. All is fine here lol.

Another question, how much burrowing do they do? I know for my sav, his 300 gallon stock tank is gonna be filled with dirt for him. Would a 100g stock tank work or should I get a stainless steel cabinet facing up filled with dirt?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu