• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new tame hatchling

kschlunegger

5 Year Member
I just bought a hatchling from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.teguterra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.teguterra.com</a><!-- w --> This thing is healthy as a horse and so nice. He has not tried to whip me and lets me pick him up without trying to get away. I put him on my shoulder and he slowly crawls around my neck flicking his tongue. I put him by my dog and he started to do this fast breathing thing and looked really pissed off. I dont think he likes dogs yet, so I will wait until he is a little older to introduce them again.

Anyhow, very happy with teguterra. And glad he holds his hatchlings every day so that they are somewhat tame when you get them. I will post pictures when I get around to it. He is such a handsome young man (I hope its male....LOL :fc )

Meg90

5 Year Member
I didn't see blue tegus for sale anywhere on that site.

Just reds, black/red hybrids (are these supposed to be the blues?) and black and whites....

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats on your new Gu,...as long as your dog is fine with the Gu its okay if your tegu huffs and puffs. Its what they do at that age, it just takes time but I would continue with it (short, supervised sessions) the Gu will come around ;) . I don't know what kind of dog you have but at this time you have to worry more so about the dog than the tegu. Since the dog can do way,...more damage to the Gu. Like everything else it takes time and patience, they have to get to know each other too.

Meg90

5 Year Member
You've got this in the wrong forum then. Its supposed to be under black and white discussion :) not the Blue Forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980