• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Lasiodora Parahybana

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Or, at least i'm pretty sure it's an L. Parahybana. It was given to me, and the guy who gave it to me didn't know exactly what it was.. But the general consensus on the atshq messageboard seems to be that it's an L. Parahybana, and he does look exactly like all the L. Parahybana pics i've seen. Since last summer when i got him, he's more than tripled in size! I call him Satan, 'cause he's a bit of a hair kicker. Not quite as much now as when he was smaller, though.

SATANSPIDER009.jpg

SATANSPIDER007.jpg

SATANSPIDER004.jpg

SATANSPIDER002.jpg

And that's a mealworm in his fangs, by the way.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nice tarantula. random question: have you ever worked with emperor scorpions?

ChristopherDayton

5 Year Member
nice L.para! and yeah the 'new world' species tend to be kicky while they are young and cal down alot as they grow. whats the LS? and try feeding it some juicier bugs :)

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
He's not an adult yet. When i first got him, he was a tiny little guy.. but now he's almost about as big as your average-sized adult tarantula. But, since he's an L. Parahybana, he should get really huge. He's growing quickly, so it shouldn't be too much longer, actually. I don't have measurements, but right now he's not especially large. Still a youngster. The pics are just extreme close-ups!

But, yeah, i give him other bugs too. This was just a little snack. And i was sort of trying to distract him with food so that he wouldn't try to attack the camera or anything.. XD

Anddd.. No, i haven't had any scorpons yet.. but i think they're awesome. I've been planning on getting an emperor *sometime*. Aside from needing more heat than Tarantulas, they don't seem like they would be much harder to care for. Maybe i'll pick one up at the reptile expo in raleigh this year.. I already have an empty 10-gal tank i'm not using ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980