• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my first tegu UPDATE #2

carlos123est

i just got my first tegu and been doing good.He is getting bigger and healthy by the day.I will try to post some pictures,he got all his toes and full tail.I got him from a friend who got him from teguterra.com,also he is more redder its the cam that makes him look orange
new camara
so that means new pics enjoy,
DSCN0345.jpg
DSCN0348.jpg
DSCN0349.jpg

carlos123est

Re: my first tegu

thanks do you have any idea how old he might be??how old does he look to be thats my question and thanks for the welcome i really enjoy my tegu and this site

carlos123est

thank you i feed him everyday pinkies, twice a week with calcium supplements also eats crickets every 3 days or so and loves scramble eggs yesterday he ate his first fuzzy proud of my big boy

Draco D Tegu

That's a pretty tegu! If that's your hand in the picture, I'd say he's not even 5 months old at the time that picture was taken. Gator is going on 7 maybe 8 months and he is 3 times that size.....I am not sure if my guy's just a goober and growing faster than most, but that's just my opinion. My guy is a B/W, so I don't know much about the difference in growth rates between him and a Red.

carlos123est

yea he is only like 4 months i checkd already from other pictures of other tegus but yea keeping him alive and healthy thats all i ask for i got him in a nice enclosure right know about 55gallon but i might be thinking about building him his home soon....

Max713

Re: my first tegu UPDATE

Lucky! Wish mine would eat something other than ground turkey and crickets...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

he is gorgeous, looks just like my pyro....judging by the size and the yime of year he could be 5-7 mo. this was pyro at 8 mo.

d25.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member

Do reds grow slowly? These pictures and descriptions are sorta giving me that impression...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

no they grow fast also...pyro hibernated til april that pic was taken in march when i first got him..... and this one in june..he grew more than a foot in 3 mos.

n5-1.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

reptastic said:
no they grow fast also...pyro hibernated til april that pic was taken in march when i first got him..... and this one in june..he grew more than a foot in 3 mos.

n5-1.jpg

I'm confused... U got him in March, and he went down immediately till that April? And was the size in this pic in June?

If I understand correctly, I can't wait till mine wakes up and grows like crazy.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

james.w said:
reptastic said:

n5-1.jpg

I'm confused... U got him in March, and he went down immediately till that April? And was the size in this pic in June?

If I understand correctly, I can't wait till mine wakes up and grows like crazy.

yeah you got it i got pyro in the beginning of march, he buried himself until mid april the 16th to be exact...that last pic was taken in june 2010.

yea also does it bother if i ask wat happen to pyro??

no its fine...there was a major electrical fire in my home while i was at work i lost pyro as well as 2 other tegus and the rest of my reptiles....theres a link to a tribute thread i created in my signature

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Congratulations on the new Gu. Take lots of pics, measurements and enjoy it at that size while you can.

They don't stay small for long,.. :-D especially if they don't hibernate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu