• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Davedragon Blue just arrived!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Everyone's pics are so adorable!!!!

goodtimes said:
Now the real reason for my post..........I almost lost Samus. I decided to let "him" take a cruz around the house, across the living room, down the hall, and into the kids room. When "he" got to the room "he" did a wheely across the room. Then over to the other side of the room. I was not concerned as there was no place for "him" to get stuck or hurt, so I thought...........in between the love seat and the book shelf ( about a 4" gap ) there was a old junction box in the wall where the cable used to be with no cover. Samus showed off "his" Jackie Chan moves and up the side of the love seat and staight into the wall.......HOLY SCHNIKE"S. I just about freaked out as I had no idea how the walls were built ( I live in an apartment ). I ran and got my flashlight looked in and could see "his" tail. I had no choice other than ripping a hole in the drywall, and quick. Samus is safely back in "his" enclosure. Man first outing and "he" found possibly the only potentially dangerous spot in the apartment. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I will be sealing up the hole tomorrow.

Wow, what a scare! That's one of the most difficult things about letting babies run around. They can squeeze into or under just about anything!!!

Last year when Lucky was little I had a similar experience and it took hours for us to find him. In fact, we never found him, he randomly strolled out hours later!

Make sure you "tegu" proof any areas you let him out in first. Look for spaces under doors, holes in the wall, missing base shoes on the molding, etc.

Glad you found him!!!!!!

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Alright here are some new pics I just took. I decided that Samus was too active for the 2x2 enclosure so I switched to the 4x2x2, check it out.[attachment=2][attachment=1][attachment=0]

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 5
  • IMG_1435.jpg
  • IMG_1436.jpg

goodtimes

5 Year Member
How's about some more! :grno[attachment=2][attachment=1][attachment=0]

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 4
  • IMG_1438.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 4
  • IMG_1442.jpg

goodtimes

5 Year Member
So, I was wondering how much other DaveDragon blue's are eating. I feed Samus pretty much once a day. He tends to sleep until noon or one o'clock. If he gets the turkey liver mix I will give a good golf ball size lump and he will eat about half or so. I gave him a hopper the other day and he was done. If I give him silkworms he will eat about four large ones (approx. 2 inch long) minus the insides that come flying out in the process. If egg and fish about the same as the turkey liver mix. Krickets, he will take out six or seven large ones then a couple more later. When I offer more at night he normally is not interested. Do you think he is getting enough to eat? Today was a pretty big meal day he had four silkworms and his usual turkey amount, worms at noon and turkey mix at five o'clock.

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Thanks Dave, I have nothing to copare to so I was just curious if he eats enough. He looks like he eats enough..... :grno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus