• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My blue from Ty

dx2killa

This is my second blue tegu Onix from Ty ( first one escaped from me outside my back door and was never able to capture it with traps etc) so I purchased another one this time a male. This boy is eating ground turkey with calcium plus inside like a champ. I received him a week and 5 days ago so not quite 2 weeks yet but hes already 42 grams. He is a bit skittish in the cage but soon as he comes out hes normal, walking hand to hand, and chills/falls asleep on me. So far really enjoying him and not taking him anywhere he could possibly escape from me until hes bigger lol. He doesnt seem to eat any fruit i have offered grapes, mango, blueberries, papaya and has no interest in anything else but ground turkey. Looking into trying other thinks like pinky mice and meal/horn worms.

jtrux

5 Year Member
Looks good, can't wait to see progress pics. Have you tried tilapia or chicken hearts? They have a strong smell and that might encourage him to eat.

dx2killa

@jtrux I've tryed gizzards/hearts , but haven't tryed tilapia I'll have to try that as I cook tilapia often anyways. Hes eating great just eating a lot of the same thing ground turkey.

jtrux

5 Year Member
You're doing the right thing by offering a variety but like us, they sometimes have their favorites. I could eat spaghetti everyday myself lol.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
@dx2killa He Looks Great...My Guy is getting huge and I haven't weighted him yet....but as soon as I can I will and ill let you know how much my guy is hitting....

dx2killa

This little guy is growing quick eating a lot of ground turkey with calcium plus in it. Weighed him today and he hasn't eaten yet and hes up 11 grams since Wed when i posted this lol!

dx2killa

This is onix today over 75 grams today and calming down really good. Wanted to try getting him use to harnesses and also so that i feel more secure taking him in other rooms and with other pets around as well as outside.

dx2killa

Finally found my digital camera so decided to take some pictures. I also picked up a 6 foot cage for a steal. Probably wont put him in it for a bit though. He's in shed in these pictures.
IMG_1715.JPGIMG_1755.JPGIMG_1774.JPGIMG_1786.JPG

dx2killa

@KSTAR Onix is now in his 6ft cage and hes loves it running around like a little nut. He is becoming quite the fatty. He seems to eat more when i leave food in his cage when im not home so I started preparing his food early in the morning before I leave for work and its all gone by the time i come home in the evening. He also started eating superworms, horn worms, and pinkies. I hope to get him on a variety of other foods soon as he seems to be eating a lot now. As of today he is 110 grams! Love him to death, but he's still a little skittish in his cage, not as much as before though able to grab him now without him trying to squirm out of my hands before I have him out all the way!
1265799_731171326899195_1803080547_o.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont