• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My blue babies have hatched

Stu

Wow, what a time I've had. On Tuesday I came home and there was a cheeky face in one of the egg tubs. I was especially overjoyed as this little lovely was from an egg I nearly discarded, lesson, never give up on an egg. I called work and told them to forget any chance of seeing me the next day. I popped baby into the nursery vivarium and tried to chill out. The next day, May 1st, I put all the egg tubs into the vivarium so the light would stimulate them. At 11.50am I decided to give the eggs a massage and at noon a baby burst out and another was born every ten miunutes after that. The last one was holding on too long and getting me worried so i made a smal slit in the egg shell and started rubbing the baby with my finger, after a a couple of minutes it woke up and was born on my hand, absolute heaven, my wife got quite emotional having witnessed a magical moment. All babies are doing great and yesterday i offered them a variety of food on a one by one rota, there are a lot of nice round bellies now. These kids are evreything to me, after my own three human child hooligans and their mother of course British Blue tegus hatching 003.JPG2 days old 002.JPG

Attachments

• 2 days old 006.JPG
    2 days old 006.JPG
    760.5 KB · Views: 93

Logie_Bear

Aw, such a sweet story! Congratulations on your new babies, they are so precious! Yesterday must have been a good day for babies, because I got my first hatchlings of the year as well. 2 cute lil baby cresties! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont