• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My 2 blue tegus meeting each other

ageber

5 Year Member
Here is a video of our 2 blue tegus. Fifi is our albino blue tegu and Corky is a blue tegu. Fifi is about 1 1/2 years old and corky is 7 months old. We got both last year at the Daytona Breeders expo. Corky was fresh out of the egg at the show while fifi was about a year old but very tiny. About 14 inches or so. Now she is about 3ft and corky is 2 ft.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsIRCoeIU5A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsIRCoeIU5A</a><!-- m -->

Attachments

• fifi2.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 4

isdrake

5 Year Member
They look so cute together. :)

I noticed that Fifi (the albino) walked a little funny. She didn't seem so support her hind legs like she should. Is this something you have noticed before?

One of our Tegus started walking a little clumsy one day. Something similar to yours. Turned out to be MBD and two weeks later we had to put him to sleep. So you might want to check it out if you haven't already.

ageber

5 Year Member
I have noticed that on occasion especially after she ate she dragged her back feet more than other times. She has been super active and eats like a horse, no shaking, no tremors. Also she sheds on a very regular basis so i know she is still growing. I will have to keep an eye and possibly have her see the vet. Thank you for noticing.

I don't believe she was kept correctly before we got her as she was a year old and very small. her growth spurt happened in the last 7 months that we had her. She has a megaray uv bulb for basking in her enclosure which they say along with proper diet can reverse the effects of MBD. I am sure this had alot to do with her growth since we had her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me